|The town of Centralhatchee was originally a militia district known as Black Ankle. The community
of Glenloch to the north was known as Blue Shin. The geographic configuration of these two
communities, according to Indian legend, resembled the ankle and shin portion of the leg and
foot. The town became part of Heard County when the county was formed from parts of Carroll,
Troup and Coweta Counties in 1830.
|171 Notnomis Road
Franklin, Georgia 30217